• Home
  • /
  • Category Archives: Food

A Quarter Of Vegetarians Think They’re Malnourished, Here’s How To Stay Healthy On A Meat-Free Diet

Almost a quarter of vegetarians think they’re malnourished, with many reporting adverse health effects linked to a meat-free diet. A study of almost 2,500 British vegetarians found that 24% believed their diets did not provide adequate nutrition. Among the remaining 76%, almost two thirds (61%) said they did not feel malnourished, while 15% admitted they…

High-Fat Cheese May Benefit Health By Boosting ‘Good’ Cholesterol, Study Suggests

Dig out the chutney because a new study suggests cheese may actually be good for our health. Scientists in the US investigated how a diet including high-fat cheese impacts our cholesterol.  Perhaps surprisingly, they found that those who consumed high-fat cheese on a daily basis had increased levels of a “good” cholesterol, but regular levels of…

How To Reduce Food Waste At Christmas: Tips For Making Turkey, Veg And Wine Go A Long Way

Households in the UK generate 4.2 million tonnes of avoidable food waste every year, according to a recent report from Sainsbury’s. At Christmas, this figure rises once again as shoppers become frivolous, spending excessive amounts of money on food which inevitably ends up in the bin. It costs us a fortune too. In fact, we collectively…

Hate Brussels Sprouts? The Way You’re Cooking Them Could Be To Blame

Nothing divides a Christmas table quite as much as Brussels sprouts. But if you hate them, it probably means you’ve been cooking them incorrectly.  That’s according to Matthew Rawson, chairman of the Brassica Growers Association, who believes we should stop boiling sprouts and scoring them with a cross.  “Boiling them was traditionally the way of doing…

89101112